Butterfield Graduate Trainee Programme
Butterfield is excited to launch its new Graduate Trainee Programme. This Programme offers three university/college graduates the opportunity to acquire the skills and expertise they need to succeed in the financial services industry. Working closely with experienced bankers, Trainees will gain real-world experience across a range of disciplines as they rotate through various areas of the Bank.
During this two-year programme, participants will receive training in credit analysis, lending, finance, compliance, relationship management, and risk management, among other areas. Trainees will also have the support of a professional mentor and a structured development plan aimed at helping them secure a permanent position within Butterfield at the end of the Programme.
To be considered for a placement in the Graduate Trainee Programme, candidates must:
- Be Bermudian
- Have an undergraduate degree
- Have a strong desire to work in the banking industry
- Be customer-service oriented
- Have good communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Be a team player
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Successful Trainees are expected to:
- Spend three months in the following core banking areas to develop a solid understanding of the key banking operations:
- Corporate Banking,
- Credit Risk Management,
- Retail Banking,
- Operations, and
- Complete a three month secondment at The Bermuda Monetary Authority
- Complete a three month secondment at an overseas jurisdiction where Butterfield operates (optional)
- Gain practical experience in the assigned areas to develop the competencies required for permanent placement
- Attend and complete assigned training to support the learning objectives
- Successfully achieve set performance objectives for each rotation
|How to apply:|
Closing date for applications is 28 April 2017.